Due to bad weather, our school has been out all week, so today my online assignment was to make a winter-themed poem using only the words that my teacher chose.
Recently due to the pandemic students have been experiencing both online and in-person school. So, since I have been experiencing both I am going to be sharing which type of learning I like better.
When our school first had to switch to online school last March, I was not expecting it to be that much different than regular in-person school. But after a couple of weeks, I realized that online school was more different than I thought. But some things are similar about online and in-person school like my school uses google classroom during both online school and in-person school to communicate and post assignments, and we use computers in online school and in in-person school to complete classwork/ homework. Even though there are similarities there are also some differences too like you have to manage your time a lot differently in online school than in-person school, and in in-person school, there are a lot fewer paper assignments to do than in online school.
Between the two types of school, I think I like in-person school a little more than online because I started doing online school a lot more recently than in-person school and it is what I am used to the most. So even though I like both online and in-person school I think I like in-person school a little more.
Mrs. Caudill recently read the book Harris and Me to me and my class and these are the reflection slides about the read-aloud!
Thanksgiving break 2020 has probably looked different for students all around the country, and I’m going to tell you about how Thanksgiving this year was different for me and my family.
This year my family had to plan a very safe and socially distant Thanksgiving due to the global pandemic, so my break was a lot different than normal. If it were any other year then my family would have a small get-together on Thanksgiving day and we would play games and have dinner. But this year my family each had their own Thanksgiving at their houses and we FaceTimed each other. The only family I saw during the break was my Grandma when me and my mom brought her a pumpkin pie. The other days of break mainly consisted of playing outside with my brother and watching Christmas movies.
That about concludes my Thanksgiving break 2020. Even though it wasn’t the same as it was in other years, I still had fun spending time with my family.
If you like the picture I used in this post go check out Unsplash to find more awesome pictures!
I have always been interested in traveling because ever since I was little I and my family have traveled to other places like California, South Carolina, and Florida. Today I am going to share 5 places that I would like to visit and why.
- Venice, Italy – ‘The floating city” is found in northeastern Italy and is on a group of 117 small islands that are linked together with bridges and canals. Venice has no roads and is one of the most unique cities in the world. I would like to visit there someday because once I was doing a puzzle of Venice with my brother and when we were done I couldn’t believe that it was a real place! Ever since then I have wanted to go there.
- Hawaii, United States – Hawaii is a group of volcanic islands in the Pacific Ocean. Hawaii is located about 2,000 miles away from California and about 5,000 miles away from the Phillippines. I want to visit this place because my grandparents visited Hawaii when I was younger and I thought the pictures were so beautiful so ever since then I have wanted to go there.
- Washington DC, United States – Washington DC is the capital of the United States and is known for its history and museums like the Smithsonian. I would like to visit there because I would like to see its historic national monuments and I would also like to go to the National Cherry Blossom Festival that they have in the spring.
- Athens, Greece – Athens is the capital of Greece and was also a powerful ancient civilization. I would like to visit there because I would like to look at the old architecture and try greek food.
- Machu Picchu, Peru – Machu Picchu is a 15th-century Incan site located in Peru. Machu Picchu sits 7,970 above sea level and 2,500 people visit there per day. I would like to visit there because I think that it looks so beautiful there and the architecture is so interesting and I think it would be so cool to go there and see it.
These are my top 5 places that I would like to visit and I think that I would learn a lot from the experiences. What are some places that you would like to travel to? Answer in the comments!
I found the picture I used in this post on Unsplash go check it out!
If you could travel to any time period then where would you go? I would go to the place we are learning about in Social Studies, ancient Greece!
I have always thought that ancient Greece was so fascinating and I think it would be so cool to go there. Right now we are learning about two different cities in Greece and we have to choose which one we think is better and I think it would be cool if I could find out which is better by going back in time to see for myself. The two cities are really different from each other and I think that it would be interesting to see them together side by side.
Citizens of ancient Greece lived a lot differently than the way we do today, and it would be interesting to compare it. If I could go back to Ancient Greece then it would be a lot better than learning in a classroom because I would be able to see in real life what it was actually like to live there. Ancient Greece is where I would go if I could go travel to any time period. But where would you go if you could time travel? Tell me in the comments!
If you are interested in the picture I found then go check out Unsplash!
This is the picture that I created and I am going to explain why I made it. I created this picture on Canva and I think it was really helpful for what I needed to make. I made this picture mainly because I think the ocean is really cool and I really like to swim. Also, my family and I go to the beach almost every year and this reminds me of all the fun times I have had with them. I think the blue sky and the ocean together look really calming to me even though they are almost the same color the difference in textures looks relaxing. I chose these different sayings because I like what they mean and they remind me of the trips I go on with my family. I also like how the different sayings look together, even though they have different styles and colors. I made sure to choose sayings that would make me think of the beach and that matched what I was trying to make my post about. I really enjoyed making this picture and I am definitely going to make more of them in the future.
I really enjoyed making this avatar for my new blog and I want to share the experience of making it with you guys! I chose this as my avatar because I wanted to have an avatar that looked the most like me out of all the other choices. I chose straight light brown hair for my hair because my hair is light brown with lighter colored ends, I chose purple glasses to match the glasses that I have. I picked the features that matched mine the most and a blue shirt because one of my favorite colors is blue. I really like how it turned out and I’m glad I had the chance to make this for my blog.